Solved

Question Regarding Testing Abandoned Cart Emails Featuring Dynamic images / links to left cart

• 16 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi there, 

Our team recently put together our email template for abandon cart. Our store isn’t live yet, so we’re trying to find a way to test the functionality of the dynamic images / links to the abandon cart. Is the only way to do this by turning the flow on and leaving items in my cart? I’ll drop some visuals below for context. 

This is included in the template in our edit mode. When we send a generic test email from Klaviyo this block is no where to be seen. Which makes sense since there’s no items left in a cart. I was sort of hoping it would populate so we knew the functionality works. Any help is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 17 February 2024, 00:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @WakatiHairKAO

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

The reason you’re not seeing anything populate is because there aren’t any product details being pushed through the flow’s trigger as you haven’t taken the trigger action yet!

To test this successfully, I would set up a filter on your flow to only allow your email to come through the flow and pull your event data to show in the table. After you set up the filter, turn your flow live, I’d add some items to your cart, fill out your profile information at checkout, move to the next step, but not fill out your billing information. Your action should trigger your abandon cart flow and you can then preview your table with real products to see if everything is working correctly. 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor