Solved

Recipients email blocks are visually broken and does not match the template I created.

• 28 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I created an email template using custom blocks and was very happy with how it looked. I even tested it on a few different emails I have to see how it would deliver on gmail, outlook, yahoo, etc. However when I created a campaign and sent out the email, I received alot of feedback saying that the email looked completely broken. Can someone please advise why this is. I have attached images of the “proper email” of what it looks like within the Klaviyo template, as well as the “broken email” of what recipients received. 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 9 March 2023, 20:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @RB Digital 

This is definitely unexpexted behavior. Im digging into this with one of our engineers to figure out whats going on. Will update you here as soon as I have a solution!

Badge +1

Thank you for the response Stephen. Let me know if you need access to the template or anything else to better understand the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @RB Digital 

Thank you so much for your patience. 

Often times the images and formatting are impacted by a few different factors.  How are you testing I.E. specific Inboxes that you are receiving the email in, are you sending individual preview or live emails, what devices are you testing on? Are you forwarding the email to other inboxes? Most often these formatting issues arise when an email is forwarded from Outlook to another inbox provider. Forwarding it can break the code making the email render differently than expected. 

I would recommend using Email or Acid or Litmus for previews and test how it will render in different inbox providers. Also, remember that every device and inbox combination will have a different rendering style that is controlled by the customers inbox provider and settings that we do not have control of.

Hope this helps!