Solved

Resending a unique coupon code (campaign)

• 2 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello,

I need to resend coupon codes in a reminder email to the same customers that received the unique coupon code.

I understand that you can resend the same one by ensuring you use the correct coupon code i.e {% coupon_code 'CouponName' %}.

However, when I go to schedule the email it flags that I don’t have enough coupon codes left. Will this not be an issue though as the customers I am sending to have already received one, so it will show the same one to them again?

Thanks,

Amber

icon

Best answer by Dov 4 October 2021, 20:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Ambermay,

Thanks for sharing this question with the Klaviyo community.

As long as you re-send the same coupon code tag before the coupon expires, the user will receive the same code. For example, if a user receives a coupon code and it is set to in 10 days, if they receive a subsequent email with the same coupon code 7 days later, they will receive the same code.

The error: “Not enough coupon codes left”, works independently from this principle. In other words, when you re-send the coupon you should still generate at least as many codes as expected recipients before sending. These codes can also take some time to generate before they are available for sending. For more information, I recommend looking into our article here.

I hope that is helpful.