Solved

RGB colours appear dull as if they are CMYK - Brand colours are now out...

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

All of my RGB colours are looking very dull as if they are displaying as CMYK. I have used many email systems and this is a first. how can it be fixed. I have a lot of tmeplates to build it is looking impossible to do it correctly 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 7 February 2024, 17:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

HI @Pixelhands thanks for posting in the Klaviyo Community!

Can you give a bit more information about what you’re experiencing? In Klaviyo, you can adjust the RGB values of any color to make it the color you want. Have you tried looking at your templates on different a different monitor? Perhaps it’s the screen itself that is distorting the colors you’re seeing?

Katherine

Badge

Hi Katherine, thanks for getting back to me. Professional graphic / web designer here. I know something is off. The colours are not being represented correctly and I can see that there are others new to Klaviyo that are experiencing the same issue. the colours are so far off it is like I cam looking at CMYK colours on an RGB screen.

Can I send a screen shot?

thanks 

Mike 

Badge

Badge

My design is on the left.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Pixelhands

I would recommend using Ash’s technique she mentions in this similar thread below, which is to use a third-party tool to perform color matching when the color codes are not a perfect match. She recommends ColorPick Eyedropper as a great Chrome extension for doing quick color extraction on the fly! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor