Solved

Row collection info for "added to cart" event (BigCommerce) - can't figure it out.

• 14 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Ok, so I’ve followed the steps here the best I can: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408802597659-How-to-Build-Dynamic-Blocks-in-a-Flow-Email-new-editor-

But I can’t get this to work. I don’t want to use the split block converted from the old editor template as I would like to vertically center align the product text (which you can do in a table).

The info available for this event is pretty minimal:

Can anyone advise? I would like to display the product name, image and price… this doesn’t work:

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dov 14 September 2022, 16:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @wernstrom,

Check out the second half of my reply in the thread below:

In short, you shouldn’t need to use row collection/alias because you’re not “looping” over multiple items when using Added to Cart. Rather, it should just involve copying and pasting those tags into a static table block.

I hope that helps clear things up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@wernstrom adding to @Dov it does depend a bit on what data you're receiving in Klaviyo.

Indeed normal setup if you follow those instructions means it's a 1 on 1 direct match and you can use the variables in one go.

The exception being that if you've configured the add to cart to also send the contents of the cart you would need to loop over it using the repeat function.

I hope that helps.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks @Dov , saved the day as usual!