Solved

Same email appearing differently on iphone and android

• 28 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have an email which is appearing differently in Gmail for iphone and android. See images below-

Iphone Gmail

Android Gmail

See the differences in the white space? Why is this happening and what to do. 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 29 September 2023, 03:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @rohan12334

Thanks for sharing your question with us, happy to help! 

There are a number of reasons why an email could look different on one version instead of another. My coworker David provides a great explanation of this as well as steps to take to mitigate display issues as much as possible in the future.

However, you can also see formatting issues if you forward an email as well, which we strongly advise against as well! I’d check out the thread below to gain more insight!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey there!

A quick fix could be applying your white background color to the Section block instead of the blocks you placed within the email. That can help uniform the entire section regardless of the padding to put within different blocks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@rohan12334 ,

This is definitaly a challenge. With different OS’s and size phones, it can be really hard to have a consisten look and feel across them all. And don’t get me started on anything related to Outlook.

We use Litmus a lot for testing on different devices. @Spark Bridge Digital LLC gave some great advice on tips to make things more uniform. We generally try and keep a mobile first, one column design to our emails when we can. Then just test test and test some more in terms of renderings in Litmus that work across major OS’s and phones.