Solved

Shopify Liquid Support - Complete List, or Subset?

• 19 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Have spent some time researching this and don’t find it in the support docs.  I’d like to know the breadth of liquid tag support within Klaviyo email templates.  Are we able to leverage ALL the liquid variables, conditionals, loops etc just as we would in Shopify notifications, or is it a subset?  I see that it’s possible to export HTML/Liquid templates from Shopify notifications, visually edit in Klaviyo and then import back to Shopify, but would like to have the same Liquid template flexibility w/i Klaviyo email campaigns.  Thanks for the help.

icon

Best answer by David To 20 December 2021, 16:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @SBooher,

Great question!

Klaviyo actually leverages the Django framework for its template tags and filters. You can find a list of all available tags and filters from the Django Documentation here

In many cases many of the basic liquid variables such as if statements, loops, etc would still work between Klaviyo’s template and Shopify’s template as they both follow many of the basic HTML practices. One thing to keep in mind though is that Shopify and Klaviyo both use different variable and template tags. This means that although you can code your emails in HTML to be shared between both Klaviyo and Shopify without issue, if the email contains Klaviyo specific variables, they would not be understood when imported to Shopify for use. The reverse would also be true. 

You can learn more about using Klaviyo variables such as custom profile property variables and event variables from the following Help Center articles:

I hope this helps!

David