Skip to main content

I would like to add a dynamic block in all our flows that shows a banner with our current offer. There is a new offer every thursday (valid until next thursday) so it would need to be swapped (at midnight).

We can update the dynamic block each thursday morning, but that would leave a window between wednesday midnight and the time it gets updated where the old offer would still be sent.
We’d need to find a solution that either swaps out the banner at midnight, or stops the current block from showing.

I found this idea of doing something with a date 

, but that would mean having to update the date in all flows each time, which we’d also like to avoid.

Hi @Stijn Meyvaert - thanks for posting, this is a great strategy.

While there isn’t a block schedule / live update solution within Klaviyo yet, there may be a live personalization email solution via Litmus or other provider you could look into - https://www.litmus.com/email-personalization/live-email-content

For Klaviyo, this is still a little bit of a manual process, but since it’s just weekly this should be manageable.

You can now schedule status changes to your flows: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048376172#h_01J9CX0WK92HJSF3TM3CPN4NBJ

So each week, you could schedule the flows to turn to MANUAL (so recipients still queue) at say 11:30PM on the Wednesday evening - 30 minutes before the offer ends at midnight. I imagine any shopping / triggered flow behavior past midnight would be minimal, but you can do a quick process the following morning to - 

1. Update the universal block with the newest deal to apply to all applicable flows
  2. Do Bulk Update Status in each flow to turn them live again.
  3. Do a SEND ALL for any manually queued recipients in each touchpoint so they get the newest deal.
  4. Reschedule the flows to go back to manual at 11:30PM for the following Wednesday at 11:30PM.
  5. Repeat process through promotional period.

Let me know any thoughts. I hope that helps, at least to not have to do manual work at midnight (:

Thanks,
Mike

@Stijn Meyvaert - I randomly remembered another integration that does live / personalized updates and integrates with Klaviyo if you want to check them out - Movable Ink. They have a product for your exact use case to automatically update daily offers.