Solved

Static or dynamic?

• 13 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi community!

I am wondering if there is possible to build a static coupon code inside of Klaviyo? OR even better, to toggle on that all the possible dynamic codes made from klaviyo are able to be combined with other discounts. The thing is that all my products are in bundles and this makes it impossible for me to toggle on all different dynamic codes for each customer. 

I have lost some customers on this since they can’t use the coupon code in the checkout because of this. So why I ask for static codes inside Klaviyo is because you can set an expiration of x amount of days and this is not possible with the static coupons made inside of shopify.

Thanks in advance and I wish you the best day!

/Saman

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 13 November 2023, 19:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @SamanSaffari thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community! 

I can see your frustration with the codes. Unfortunately, Klaviyo only works to create dynamic codes that can be used in your emails & sms. 

However, if you’re using Shopify, you can create a static code in shopify with all the parameters you’d like, including the ability to combine with free shipping or other discounts. You can then use this static code in your Klaviyo flows. Just leave it with an open ended expiry.

Hope this helps,

Katherine

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@SamanSaffari 

If you still want the coupon codes to be unique to each customer here are two ways to accomplish this. Note: you won’t be able to use dynamic expiration dates because they’ll all get created in at the same time vs. when the email sends.

1. Pre-Generate in Klaviyo you’ll have to confirm (it’s been a while since I’ve done this) but you should be able to update the parameters of that code inside of Shopify because pre-generated codes get added in one group vs. smaller chunks. 

2. Use a Shopify App to Pre-Generate & Upload to Klaviyo - These will for sure be added into one group in Shopify & any new codes will be added to that group as well. This documentation walks you through how to import them to Klaviyo  

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey @SamanSaffari ,

A couple general options and thoughts.

Shopify now lets you “stack” coupon codes. Are you using an app to make your bundles with codes? Can those codes have the feature to be combined with other codes? Or make static codes in Shopify for your Klaviyo flows and you’ll just be OK with people possibly using codes outside of your 30-day window. 

You can also look at other bundle apps. How many SKUs are in your store? Are you bundling specific products? Or collections? Shopify launched a pretty simple bundle app over the summer that works well.