Solved

Test emails not showing the mobile version

• 22 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I created an email that has some of the blocks allocated to desktop and some to mobile. In the previews, they look the way that I want them (different from each other), but when I send a test email, the desktop version is being sent to both.. Is there a way I can test the mobile version on my phone?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 22 November 2023, 20:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Carolyn

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to help! 

I would investigate your blocks at the Display section level to ensure that the bocks are set to only show to mobile and desktop accordingly. We recommend also sending a test email as it gives a more accurate view of how your email will look when it hits an inbox.

Additionally, do you mind sharing how you’re sending the test email? If you are exporting the html to test, for instance, there are occurrences of issues users can run into when using this process outlined in the thread below.

Thanks for participating in the community! 

-Taylor 

Badge

It looks like we have narrowed the problem down to an Android phone and a yahoo email address. 

The email seems to send correctly to other email extensions and to yahoo while on an iPhone…. but not Android and Yahoo combined. The desktop version of the email is sent in this case, instead of the mobile version. 

I am sending a test email through Klaviyo while in the edit email frame…