Solved

Tracking Redemptions of Klaviyo-Generated Unique Coupon Codes

• 25 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi Smarties!

I’m gearing up to create an email-exclusive offer using unique codes generated in Klaviyo for my Shopify store. We’ll be sending them out to existing subscribers as well as including them in our initial welcome flow, temporarily, while the promotion is running. 

Thanks to this great tutorial from @cassy.lee I’ve been able to find some information on how smaller unique codes we’ve used in the past have performed by searching the coupon name in Shopify. 

But I want MORE. And while I’m 50% sure that it’s not currently possible… is it possible for me to see which of my Klaviyo used a coupon and segment on it? For example:

Customer 1, an existing subscriber, receives the coupon as part of a standard campaign. 

Customer 2 receives the coupon a few days later when they sign up for our emails. 

Can I create a segment of customers who A) received one of these “coupon_name” offers, AND B) have not used it? I’d like to send campaign reminding them if they have not redeemed their coupon.

Thanks!

Sunny

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 25 August 2022, 01:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Oooo, this is a good question and great use case, Sunny.  Assuming using a static coupon code is out of the question?

There’s a couple ways I can think of doing this.:

1. Add a property in the subscribers profile that lets you know they received those emails (and hence, the coupon) and then segment based on that profile property
  2. This way would get the same segment but with less moving parts.. create a segment based on people who received that standard campaign or received that email in the flow (within the time that coupon is active).

The second part of who used it, I think you’d have to make assumptions here that if that segment placed an order after they received those emails that they used that coupon code.  So, you would exclude them in the segment. 

Badge +4

Hey Manny -- 

Thanks for the answer! Yep, they’ll be unique so that’s the problem. But you’re right, we’ll just make assumptions that if those customers placed an order after receiving the emails they used their code. 

Appreciate the response!