Solved

Transactional Emails Restrictions

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I know that Klaviyo need to review all transactional email templates and having asked them before they said this is to stop the use of ‘marketing’ content. But does anyone know what they class as ‘marketing’ content? Like including discount code, other products etc? 

We’re specifically looking at order tracking emails (eg your order is in transit). 

Thanks, 

Kerrie

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 10 January 2024, 17:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @kerrie 

Transactional content can only relate to the order a customer has placed. It is a record of what they have purchased and the status of that order. Anything outside of this would be regarded as promotional. So cross-selling, upselling, offering discounts etc would be regarded as promotional and not transactional content.

If you have an email that is only providing information on the shipping status, that would be transactional.

Hope that helps

Andy 

Badge

Thanks Andy - that’s very helpful thanks for your reply. 

Just one follow up question - does this also include educational videos such as set-up guides on YouTube that is directly related to the order? 

Thanks, 

Kerrie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @kerrie 

No problem. Good follow-on question! If the content is how to use the product they’ve purchased, then it wouldn’t be ‘transactional’ by my definition, but I’d regard that it as OK to include. The final say on whether it can be included in a transactional email flow will be from Klavio!

Regards

Andy