Solved

Troubleshoot adding a custom web font

• 11 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello, I’m trying to add a Self Hosted custom web font into our email campaigns. The font was purchased through typography.com. Their instructions say to add the “CSS Key” code directly into the head tag of the email as well adding code inline to style each <td>. Klaviyo’s instructions use the @font-face method, which seems much friendlier. Please help!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 12 January 2022, 22:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @stephsummers,

Welcome to the Community! Hope I can provide some information regarding custom fonts! 

In order to add custom fonts, you would need to follow the steps outlined here. Please note, this will only work for email templates (flows/campaigns).  If you'd like to use custom fonts in a pop up form, it would need to be custom coded using our legacy form builder. If a font is not supported by a browser or inbox, it will default to your fallback font that is specified in the code when setting up a custom font. Please go through the documentation and let me know if there are specific roadblocks you are running into!

Currently there is not a lot of support for custom fonts as a lot of clients do not support them.
Email clients that do support custom fonts include:

• Apple Mail
  • iOS Mail (the default email browser on iOS)
  • Google Android (except Android 2.3, which doesn’t support the @import method used by Google and Adobe fonts)
  • Samsung Mail (Android 8.0)
  • Outlook for Mac
  • Outlook App

If you are seeing the custom font within the editor, you are doing it correctly, unfortunately we have no control once it reaches the mail client.

Here is a reference on Fonts in emails.

Looking forward to your response,

Alex

Badge +2

Hello @alex.hong thank you for you reply. Unfortunately, I have more questions that aren’t covered in the instructions from Klaviyo. The font I’m trying to use might not work within Klaviyo. It seems to require inline css styling. That and/or I just don’t know enough about coding and it’s way over my head.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @stephsummers,

Are you having trouble adding it into the source options for your text?

By using this view, you can add your inline css as outlined in our custom font documentation

If you are copying/pasting text from a third party source, please ensure you are pasting in Plain Text. You can do that by using the T icon with the clipboard r you can use the Remove Formatting tool like so:
http://recordit.co/UF1YrTcy22

?name=inline615388722.png
Font colors/sizes can be updated through Styles.

Lastly, if you would like more personalized support within your account I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team as they can take a deep dive into your account.

Thanks!
Alex