Solved

Unsubscribe placeholder failing in AMP templates

• 30 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi there!

I am working a lot with AMP emails in Klaviyo. When I send an AMP template through Klaviyo, the unsubscribe link in the AMP code doesn’t seem to get replaced like it does in a HTML version. The email displays with AMP enabled but the {% unsubscribe %} is not replaced. Here is a screenshot and a snippet of the AMP code.

<span class="vljjxnulex">You're receiving this email because you subscribed at triabeauty.com. We promise to use your information only according to our <a href="https://www.triabeauty.com/pages/privacy-policy" class="iaihtmkngu">privacy policy</a>. {% unsubscribe %}</span>

Is there a reason that this tag is not being replaced in the AMP version when it is replaced in the HTML? Does anyone know a good work around for this issue? I think it is fairly important to still provide an unsubscribe link even in the AMP version. I would like the unsubscribe link to be the same as the HTML version for tracking purposes.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 7 July 2023, 21:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @dkjonzy

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

I do agree that this is very important to have within Klaviyo for subscribers to unsubscribe at any time! However, as I don’t see why this would be happening, I’m going to circle back with some of our experts and return with a solution when we’ve located one! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge +2

Okay thank you! Let me know what you find out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @dkjonzy

I can see that you’re working with a member of our support team on this issue as well who is also consulting an expert. Please circle back to the Community when you have a have solution to help others in the Community who might be expecting this issue as well! 

-Taylor