Solved

Unsubscribe tag not working

• 11 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I made my email template on Canva, copy and pasted the unsubscribe tag from klaviyo to the footer of my template on canva. 

Downloaded template as PNG then converted it to HTML. thereafter, went back to klaviyo to import the HTML file and got the error saying I haven’t included the unsubscribe tag.

please help thanks

icon

Best answer by retention 11 June 2024, 13:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Hi @AurumLux 

Thank you for your post in the Community :)

In the HTML from Canva do you have the following: <a href ="{% unsubscribe_link %}" </a>

Here is a really helpful article on the Unsubscribe tag

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006054267

Hope this helps

Kylie

Badge +1

Yes ive mentioned that I added the tag in my post. Still not working :/

Badge +1

I made my email template on Canva, copy and pasted the unsubscribe tag from klaviyo to the footer of my template on canva. 

Downloaded template as PNG then converted it to HTML. thereafter, went back to klaviyo to import the HTML file and got the error saying I haven’t included the unsubscribe tag.

please help thanks

Badge +1

Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +59

Hi @AurumLux, can you show us parts of your code to help better troubleshoot?  The code should look like this:

<a href="{% unsubscribe_link %}">Unsubscribe here.</a>

Also, you may have improperly closed HTML tags that might be causing Klaviyo to not recognize it properly.  Make sure all your HTML that you created is clean and coded properly.  You can search on Google for an HTML validation tool if you don’t have an HTML editor/IDE handy to help you check your HTML syntax.  

Badge +1

I dont think canva gives me the option to properly add html code which might be the issue