Solved

Uploaded Images are all blurry

• 1 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

For some reason, every image I upload today through Klaviyo turns up very blurry. I have been using the same exported image settings for a few months with no issue, then all of a sudden today none of them look correct!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 2 April 2024, 16:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @acklikx

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear your pictures are turning up blurry, happy to share some troubleshooting tips and insights to hopefully help find a solution here.

When it comes to the best image resolution for emails, while Klaviyo allows you to add up to 5MB per image, 1MB should work fine and is best practice. Just keep in mind that you want to think about load time, especially for mobile recipients who are not on WiFi or those without a fast internet connection.

Additionally, we also accept JPEG, JPG, and GIF file types, but we find that PNG files will typically render the best. For image resolution, we recommend 72dpi as that's the standard for web.

For the image size, the height or width should be no more than 2000px. Anything larger could also potentially cause load time issues. If your image is more than 2000px in height, slice it into multiple sections so that it takes less time to load. You can also use an image larger than this size, and then use the 'image width' field to make the logo show smaller, but the actual image size is larger. 

Here’s a few more resources you can reference when it comes to images in emails to help gain more insight as well! 

Let me know if you’re still experiencing issues after employing this tips! 

-Taylor