Solved

Using "description" in a dynamic product block

• 18 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

We would like to include the Description in a product block using dynamic products from a product feed. The option seems to be only available when using static products, so the alternative would be looping over the feed.

However, simply repeating a block on feeds.FEED_NAME seems not to work. Is there another way to loop over product data feeds?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dov 18 May 2022, 20:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Aram Becker.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

You can look into using catalog lookup to target the description. Keep in mind that this guide is designed for tech-savvy marketers or customers who have access to a developer.

In terms of using a feed, you would have to drill down into the description of the feed. For example, it would look something like feeds.FEED_NAME.rss.channel then you would add an item alias i.e. say that’s “item”. So if “description” were the next line down in the feed, you would use {{ item.description }} in the template. We have more information with an example here. I recommend reviewing that guide for full details.

If the above solutions are too tech-heavy, I’d recommend simply using a static product block with the simple text descriptions or reach out to one of our partners for further assistance setting up your web feed or assisting with using catalog lookup.

I hope that’s helpful.