When I click save in the editor I see a warning "Changes may not be saved"

• 7 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Problem Solver I
  • 35 replies

Hi There,

Both Christina and I keep seeing a weird warning in Chrome for Mac whenever we click save - see attached.

It’s been happening for a few months now and we’ve both upgraded and restarted Chrome as well as updated MacOS in that time but still see the issue.

Any help much appreciated, obviously we don’t want to lose any work so the warning is confusing - no?

Cheers, Ben

P.S. How do we edit post titles, there’s a typo.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 10 January 2024, 00:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Ben

Thanks for bring up this issue in the Community, happy to help! 

I can totally understand wanting to ensure your changes are saved and indeed this warning is confusing! If you have updated your Mac and Chrome browser, however, a coworker is experiencing this issue as well, I wonder if this issue is related to your work, potentially an ad blockers, anti-viral softwares, or network filters/firewalls you both share.

As I’m not able to replicate the issue and haven’t seen this issue previously in the Community, I’d recommend opening a ticket with our Support team as this situation seems very specific to your account. 

However, once the issue is identified, do you mind sharing the solution back in the Community? It could help other peers who face the same experiences in the future.

Thank you for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you Taylor, we see it on two different Macs so will contact support. Cheers

Hi- 
This has been happening to me in Windows- every time I save I get asked if I want to “leave” or “cancel” along with the warning that things might not be saved. And I get kicked out of what I’m working on- it is so time consuming. Please advise if a solution has been identified!

Thanks-
Louisa

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @lbh_bk

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

We’ve noticed that this message doesn’t pop up for users who ensure to click DONE whenever they’re finished working in a block > then click SAVE the template itself.

Let me know if this works for you! 

-Taylor 

Badge

Any updates on this?  I’m still seeing this issue and it’s super frustrating to click through a bunch of popup warnings just because I clicked on the save button.  I’m running chrome on windows 11.  From what I can tell you can’t click the save button until after it autosaves because it thinks you’re trying to navigate away from unsaved changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @HersheySquirt

Sorry that you’ve had a frustrating experience with the ‘save’ feature in the editor! I will share your experience with the product team again.

To be clear, are you only seeing this popup still when you click the ‘SAVE’ button before the ‘DONE’ button? 

-Taylor 

I am having the exact same issue, and it's a pain! I have to constantly click cancel (many times) in order for it to go away when I’m trying to save my template, and most of the time, even if I click cancel, it takes me out of the template and back to the main menu. Not sure why the system thinks I’m trying to leave the site? How do we turn it off? I've tried googling the problem, and it only seems to be with Klaviyo. Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @EmmaSG

Thanks for sharing this frustration with us! I am logging another feedback ticket about this with our team! 

In the meantime, what we recommend is hitting the DONE section before you click SAVE to prevent this. 

Hope that helps!

-Taylor