Solved

Why are my products prices showing in wrong currency?

• 23 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello there,

So for some reason - though our klaviyo account settings and out store prices are in AED, the prices reflect in USD on our newsletter.

Does anyone know what might be the issue.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 24 June 2023, 01:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Sumaya

Great question! 

Although your account currency is set as United Arab Emirates AED, you will need to confirm your currency in the template you want to display currency as well. You can do that easily by navigating to the ‘Styles’ tab of the block you want to display currency. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge +2

Thank you so much! found that.

It however showcases the currency in Arabic. How do I go about showing it as AED instead of د.إ

Also, is there a way we can also show the compare to price? so for example AD 695 is discounted from AED 795, so the customer can know how much the price is reduced by just looking at the newsletter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Sumaya

Happy to help further! 

The Arabic symbol is hard coded for this currency option in the platform at the moment, you can only display the prices with the prefix in Arabic. I understand this might not be ideal. 

If you’re using a dynamic product feed block in a campaign, you can change your product feed to static and go into each product and manually enter the price details, the dynamic product feed will display the Arabic currency symbol.

Regarding other templates, you can use the tag {{ item.line_price|floatformat:2 }} AED for flow emails like abandoned cart emails, browse abandonment and etc. However, this tag will not work on Product Feeds as mentioned above.

Finally, I’d check out these helpful Community posts on how to show full product and reduced product price in an email!

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi @Taylor Tarpley,

i have the same problem and your solution would help me but the “Other” Option under “Styles” is just not displayed. You know why?

Best

Lasse

@LasseMeissner I just found the solution. The “Other” Option under “Styles” is not in the product block but in the general template styles!

Hi,

I have the same issue, however the currency is set properly for (HUF) both in account plans and in the style of the email. Still I see in the preview email that the amount is in USD. Could you please advise how to tackle this issue?

Thanks,

Geri