Solved

Why aren't my dynamic images pulling in my template and the wrong image URL is brought in?

• 27 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I am having trouble getting the product photos to pull properly using the {{ event.ImageURL }} tag.

It seems to mess up the URL for the image. Please see the "Https:/cdn..." in the ImageURL property.

The screenshot is from one of the default preset flow and emails for Browse Abandonments and I haven't changed anything.

icon

Best answer by sakuradragon 27 April 2023, 23:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @sakuradragon

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

I have a couple questions that can help us get started trying to find the issue here. For instance, when you click click on the imageURL tag on in your event data is {{ event.ImageURL }} what pops up? We want to make sure that we’re first using the right variable in your event data to pull the image URL in the first place.

Second, do you mind testing the image URL and copying and pasting the ‘incorrect’ URL that’s being pushed in your data into another browser and seeing what pops up? To confirm, the screenshot of the correct ‘collaboration desk mat’ is what it’s supposed to pull, but not correct? Klaviyo doesn’t create URLs or data from your store, but rather pulls what is already in your website and displays it in your template, so there is a chance that these URLs are incorrect on your backend where Shopify hosts the images.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge

Hello Taylor,

I also put in a support ticket last night and received a reply with a working solution. Here is the reply!

Badge

Hi Taylor!

I am facing a very similar issue in our flows. Unfortunately, the images are not pulling in my flows as expected, and I'm having trouble identifying the root cause of the issue.

This is the variable Klaviyo is providing me {{ event.ImageURL|default:'' }}, when I try to access the image link (https:/cdn/shop/products/) I get this error message: 

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in cdn.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide in resolving this issue. Please let me know if there are any additional details or information I can provide to help you diagnose the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @elaineaoe 

Thank you for reaching out in regards to the ImageURL within the Viewed Product event not containing the full correct URL and therefore the image cannot be properly sourced in the template. 

Our engineers are looking into this issue currently as more customers are reporting similar issues with our Viewed Product snippet stripping the store root from the ImageURL field in the metadata of this event. I will let you know when I have an update from that team. We believe this may be relate to a change that was made on Shopify's end and we are coordinating with their team to find a fix. 

In the meantime, I would suggest using the following catalog lookup tag in the dynamic image field within your table block: 

{% catalog event.ProductID %}{{ catalog_item.featured_image.full.src }}{% endcatalog %}

?name=image.pngHope this helps!

Badge

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for providing me with the catalog lookup tag for the dynamic image field. I have implemented this solution in our flows, and it has worked in most of them. However, we did encounter an issue with the abandoned cart flow, where the tag did not seem to work. Do you have any suggestions on how we can address this issue?

Badge

This the Dynamic variable or dynamic URL they are using:

{% if item.product.variant.images.0.src %}{{item.product.variant.images.0.src}}{%else%}{{item.product.images.0.src|missing_product_image}}{%endif%}