Solved

Why aren't my product images populating in my template and Outlook?

• 19 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello!

In my e-mail templates, the images of my products are now showing? I’m using the woocommerce integration with Klaviyo, and the pictures does appear in gmail, but not in the template and not when I receive the emails in Outlook.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

I’ve attached a photo, this is how it looks both in the template and when i receive in Outlook.

Thanks for your help in advance!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 19 April 2022, 18:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Poetype

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

Products not populating in your edit mode in your email template is expected behavior! This is why you see the products successfully populate in gmail. However, outlook is another story. 

Unfortunately, Outlook is one of the trickiest providers to work with for various reasons, we have provided further documentation in our Help Center:  Why Does my Email Look Different In Outlook. Basically, from Outlook 2007 onwards, Microsoft stopped using Internet Explorer to render emails and instead opted to use Microsoft Word as its rendering engine. This is awful for email marketers and developers who use HTML. Try copying and pasting an HTML web page into a Word document and you’ll get a glimpse as to how Word translates HTML. There is not much control Klaviyo has over how Outlook renders images/styles.

I’d recommend taking a look at a similar issue to gain more insight into this! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor