Solved

Why is preview text still showing rom the email in Apple mail Mobile when it shouldn't be?

• 27 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Anyone knows why the preview Text in Apple mail is fetching text from the email even I have used the white space hack after the preview Text as well as the Html code in the first block of email as source code but the preview text is still fetching text it's working correctly in All devices it's just the Apple Mobile where it's not working

P.S: This is the code I am using

<div style="display: none; max-height: 0px; overflow: hidden;">
͏ &zwnj; &nbsp; &#8199; &#65279; &#847; &zwnj; &nbsp; &#8199; &#65279; &#847; &zwnj; &nbsp; &#8199; &#65279; &#847; &zwnj; &nbsp; &#8199; &#65279; &#847; &zwnj; &nbsp; &#8199; &#65279; &#847; &zwnj; &nbsp; &#8199; &#65279; &#847; &zwnj; &nbsp; &#8199; &#65279; &#847; &zwnj; &nbsp; &#8199; &#65279;
</div>

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 28 April 2023, 04:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Usama Asghar

Welcome to the Community! 

Great job already testing and accomplishing this in other devices by following our documentation on preview text in emails and inserting code into a blank text block, which essentially pushes down the HTML of the email so it will not read the content of the email. However, I can definitely understand why that’s frustrating. While, Outlook’s known rendering issues could be the problem here , would you mind replacing the source code of your top text block with this code instead and see if it’s successful? 

<div style="display: none; max-height: 0px; overflow: hidden;">
&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;&zwnj;&nbsp;</div>

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

@Taylor Tarpley this doesn’t address the issue. We’re experiencing the same thing. It’s something that just started happening within the last few weeks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @myover

Apologies for the delay - I am wondering, this appears to be a bug specific to the iOS 16.4 update for Apple Mail would this be the case for you and the situation you’re experiencing. Our engineers are looking into this issue currently. I will add to this thread when I learn of any updates. I’m sorry for this inconvenience!

~Chloe

@chloe.strange Yes, it appears specific to iOS and coincides with recent updates for Apple Mail. It’s not a good look and I hope a fix comes soon. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Yes, absolutely. Thank you for sharing this. I will update this thread as soon as there is an update. 

~Chloe

Badge +2

Yes, absolutely. Thank you for sharing this. I will update this thread as soon as there is an update. 

~Chloe

Any updates yet @chloe.strange @Taylor Tarpley 
Thanks for your help with this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Malavate

No updates yet! I will follow up in this thread when we have something. Thank you for your patience!

-Taylor