Solved

Why is the organization address sometimes hyperlinked at the end of an email?

• 19 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m creating a new footer for a client. The current email footer includes the organization’s address and does not hyperlink but appears as plain text, which we prefer. However, as I have been testing this new footer, the address always appears as a hyperlink (blue text and underlined) when sent as a test from Templates. I thought I solved this issue when I started sending tests from Campaigns but then the client still received the email with the address as a hyperlink. I have even gone into the content’s code and do not have anything to indicate the address needs to be displayed as hyperlinked.

Is there a way I can make sure the organization’s address always appears as plain text rather than hyperlinked? Is this an issue with email services?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 20 January 2024, 01:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there@priscillajwb

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

If you have investigated the text bod’s code and don’t see any hidden code that could be the culprit, then this could be Gmail’s doing. In my experience, I have seen Gmail hyperlink addresses to make them easier to open in Google maps. While this is ultimately Gmails doing, I’m happy to help you find a workaround! 

I would try these troubleshooting steps to unhyperlink your address: 

• Adding characters such as ~ (*) to your address’s text so it doesn’t render as a viable address to open Google maps
  • Use your organization’s address tag for the address, instead of just text, and turn the address into a link to the site, but display the actual address like this and forcing the color to be white.

<div><a href="yourwebsiteURL" style ="color: white;">{{ yourorganization'saddresstag }}</a></div>

Hope this helps!

-Taylor