It's great to be here.

• 14 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi everyone,

My name is Peter Johnson from Orchids In Print.

My business is based around my hobby of growing orchids. Over the years I have built a library of photos of orchids that I have bloomed, so I decided that we could create an e-commerce business by adding the orchid images with their names to products and offer them for sale.

They are aimed at people who love and enjoy orchids. 

I have used other quality email marketing systems, however, I am finding the fact that Klaviyo has been developed purposely for e-commerce an absolute bonus.

I look forward to working in this community.

One thing I would like to know is, are there store owners who’s target market is 35yrs to 65+yrs?

Hope you are al having a great week,

Peter

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Peters-Orchids Welcome to the Community. You should find many of the experts (not me..) in here both helpful and very informative. Our business has a target very much in the area you mention. However, that said, one of the great uses for Klaviyos segmentation is that you can send different messages depending on age by collecting date of birth or other profiling that will enable you send a different message to a 35 yo than you might do to a 65 yo…

Sean

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you Sean,

That is an interesting idea. I am going to look into that. Do you find that the older age groups do put in that sort of information?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Peters-Orchids Im not sure if older customers are any more likely in fact they may be less like lto give you that information. However, if it is important to you then you could request it at checkout or in sign up form. Out of interest, is there a difference in the way you migh market your orchids were some 40 rather than 65?

Sean

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you Sean. We do see signups from our website forms. I am trialing lead adds, targeting a 35 to 50 demographic, to see how it goes. I have other plans to sell and promote the products outside of the internet. I am working on the basis, that over the years as the younger generations get older and become interested, purchasing on from e-commerce will be second nature, irrespective what age they are. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Peter

You would be suprised as to just how likely the silver surfers will be to buy online..

Good Luck with the business on and off line..

Sean