Solved

API returning "'subscriptions' must be requested via additional-fields" error

• 9 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

We’ve been using the Klaviyo API for a number of customers without issue for a while now.  On Friday, all of our integrations stopped working when requesting ‘subscriptions’ from the get profiles endpoint due to the following error:

'subscriptions' must be requested via additional-fields in order to be included as a sparse fieldset

This is either a bug or an unannounced breaking change to the API.  The documentation for “additional-fields” states “Supported values: 'predictive_analytics'” so it seems setting it via this property is unsupported.

Can someone confirm if this is a bug and when it may be resolved?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 4 January 2024, 20:46

View original

2 replies

We have the same issue. It defeats the purpose of having a versioned API. I ended up just doing what the error suggests just to get things working again, but now I’m afraid everything will break again if/when this gets fixed.

The lack of support is also an issue. There doesn’t appear to be any way of getting support for development issues, the contact us form wasn’t working for me the last time I tried, and I tried registering for the Discord server but haven’t heard back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Chalks!

My apologies for the delay here, but I was informed by the API team that this has been fixed. Please don’t hesitate to follow up if that’s not the case for you!

Best,

Brian