Solved

Back in Stock Install | Shopify Symmetry Theme

• 12 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Does anyone know the proper anchor for the symmetry theme?

I thought I had it because at one point the notify me button did show on the front end, albeit in the wrong place. Now I can’t get it to work anymore. 

Note: No need to rehash the fact that the standard BIS code is only guaranteed for free Shopify themes; get a developer, etc. I know... that’s why I am here to see if anyone else knows what it is. 😀 I’ve installed this a bajillion times in different themes without issue. 

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 13 July 2023, 04:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Jessica eCommerce Badassery!

I’m excited to see if any other Community members have attempted to add BIS functionality to this theme, but in the meantime, I will say that our API team is planning to build and release a new endpoint for back-in-stock.

I will update the thread when there is more information to be shared, and I was also informed that the migration path from the old to new endpoint should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi 

I understand that the standard BIS code isn't guaranteed for all themes, I might be able to help you out.

To find the right anchor for the Notify Me button, you can try inspecting the element using your browser's developer tools. Look for the unique class or ID associated with the button and use that as your anchor in the code.

Additionally, make sure you have placed the code snippet in the correct location within the theme files, usually in the product page template.

If you have done this before successfully in other themes, it might just be a matter of finding the specific element for the Symmetry theme. Remember to test your changes after making them.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask to me or you can also take help from Shopify store setup with premium theme services provider.

I recently got this working on this theme with different variant selections. Did you ever get it figured out?

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I recently got this working on this theme with different variant selections. Did you ever get it figured out?

@james-hagood  I did not! Did you have to do anything special, or did it just work?

well it kinda just worked except it didn’t work on products with variants because it didn’t update itself when the selected variant changed. I ended up making a different anchor link and styling it different and adding some javascript to update the visibility of that new anchor link. It took me half a day to figure out where the function was that was already being called on the variant changes. So I thought if that was your problem I could tell you where it was.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@james-hagood  Ahhh, I see I see...

It’s honestly been so long I can barely remember the specifics, lol

This was for a client project that has actually ended, but I’d like to reserve the right to circle back to you when I’m ready to give it another go with her!

that’s fine with me, have a good day.