Solved

Back in stock Modal stopped working on Chrome/Firefox 116

• 29 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I've been using the 'Back in Stock' integration for Shopify for a while now and it's been working fine, when a product isn't available the button appears and everything works fine.

Just recently with the last Chrome update (116), it stopped working (still works on Safari just fine),

What happens now is that when a product is not available the button displays like normal but nothing happens when the user clicks it, only a # appears in the URL as if the button was an anchor link.

This has been working fine until now, and I didn’t change anything else from the code.

icon

Best answer by Frankazolr 31 August 2023, 20:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Frankazolr!

I see you created a ticket with Support, and they are working to determine the cause of this issue which may be account-specific. To that end, I’ll keep updated on this issue with them as well, and I’ll post the resolution for the rest of the Community when it’s available.

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hey @Brian Turcotte Yes, they said it may be an issue with my custom theme which they don’t support, the solution, in this case, was to create a custom subscribe modal and send the back-in-stock subscription directly by an AJAX request.

This way It will work on any browser, still not sure why it stopped working on the new version of Chrome, it used to work just fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Frankazolr,

Glad to hear you’re able to get your back in stock function up and running again directly using an AJAX request!

Really appreciate you sharing the solution that worked for you. I’m sure this will help other Community members in the future. 

I’ve also included some resources below that I think will help future Community members:

Thanks for being a part of our Klaviyo Community!

David

Hi,

I was informed by a co-worker that our back in stock buttons weren’t firing the Popup for customers. I looked in Klaviyo to check activity where some customers had been getting through. So I tried on a few other browsers until I found Safari (mac) worked. Nothing on MAC Edge, Chrome or FireFox. Windows Chrome, Edge also broken. And here I am.

We have a custom theme, on which the button has worked for a few years and reverting to a slightly older theme is also broken so I don’t see problem as yet. I assume we may need to do as you have Frankazolr, and make our own popup with ajax etc. 

Anyone else had issue? Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @justanotheruser!

When you are using a custom theme, it’s always possible that the BIS modal will not work as expected with the free themes that it was designed for - that said, it may be the best course of action to create your own AJAX pop-up, but that would be at the discretion of you/your developer. 

Best,

Brian