Solved

Does An Ecomm Biz Still Need A CRM?

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

If I’m selling a single digital product on my website, will Klaviyo be enough to act as a CRM or will I have to integrate a CRM to fill in the missing pieces?

For instance, if I run paid ads that result in a sale, will my cart software (SureCart) be able to get this info into Klaviyo without a CRM? How does the data go from cart software/payment processor to Klaviyo when the sale has nothing to do with an email or SMS campaign?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 24 January 2024, 05:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Gregor thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community!

Klaviyo integrates directly with ecomm platforms - Shopify, BigCommerce, Woocommerce, Magenta, etc, and that is how order information is passed into Klaviyo. You will want to check the Klaviyo integrations page to see if the cart software you are using will integrate directly with Klaviyo, otherwise you may need to set up an API to pass the information you need. Hope this helps,

Katherine

Ok. So let’s say I found an integration. Will I still need a separate CRM or will Klaviyo be able to record every sale made along with all required data, even if it didn’t come from an email/SMS campaign in Klaviyo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Gregor!

Most e-commerce platforms will track that data natively, but Klaviyo will only be able to track the data from a profile that has been cookied and identified by the Klaviyo javascript.

Best,

Brian