Solved

Emails stuck in waiting for Review flow

• 22 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I’ve been using Klaviyo for my emails since December, now I would like to try Reviews, but the default setting allows me to send review requests only to people who have purchased in the last 30 days, so I was able to import them by using Add past profiles, but they seem to be stuck in waiting. Created a new flow just for older profiles and the same thing, they are stuck in waiting for days now. 

Any suggestions on how could I move them forward? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 22 April 2024, 11:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Karlis 

The past profiles that you have added will be inserted into your flow relative to when they triggered the event and where they fall in the flow timeline taking into account your 120-day delay.

So, the 86 profiles you have 'waiting' will have triggered that event in the past 120 days. However, the time delay also determines when they are eligible to receive that first email. For example, a profile that triggered the event 100 days ago will be waiting a further 20 days before they move to 'review' (as you have the first email set to manual).

So, back to your use case - requesting a review from customers outside of a standard review request flow timeline - I do this by creating a segment and a campaign instead.

I don't use Klaviyo reviews, but with other review platforms I use, a review link must include variables for the order ID along with the profile's details (email, etc), so it's a validated review.

To do that, you'll need to do some manual work to grab the order ID. Let me know if that's what you want to do, and I'll outline the steps.

Unless others on here have an alternative approach!

Regards

Andy

Badge

Hi @bluesnapper

Thank you! Yes, could you let me know how to get that ID as I would like the reviews to be validated? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Karlis 

No problem. I’m in a meeting for most of the afternoon (UK time), but I will reply with information as soon as possible.

In the meantime, another forum member may suggest an alternative approach.

Regards

Andy

Badge

Hi @bluesnapper 

Thanks a lot! That would be a huge help!

Badge +1

Now, let's talk strategy:....You've already tried creating a separate flow for older profiles, which is a smart move. But if they're still stuck in limbo, it might be time to roll up our sleeves and do a bit of troubleshooting.

Segmentation: Consider segmenting your audience based on purchase history or engagement level. This can help ensure that your review requests are reaching the right people at the right time.
Follow-up: If those profiles are still stubbornly stuck in waiting, try sending a gentle follow-up email to nudge them along. Sometimes, a little reminder is all it takes to get things moving.
Patience: Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a killer email marketing strategy. Sometimes, these things just take time. Give it a bit longer, and hopefully, those stuck profiles will start moving forward on their own.

Remember, you're not alone in this journey. We've all faced our fair share of email marketing hurdles, but with a bit of perseverance and a sprinkle of patience, you'll conquer this one too.

Keep up the great work, and happy emailing!