Solved

How to make effective an abandoned cart survey?

• 19 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We would like to understand why some of our customers have abandoned their carts during the checkout stage. As an online business with limited experience, and since our website is relatively new, we are eager to learn the reasons behind these abandoned checkouts. Was it related to payment issues, pricing concerns, or something else?

The simplest and possibly the quickest method I can think is to create a Google survey. Does Klaviyo offer survey creation features, or can it be integrated with third-party survey applications?

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 19 October 2023, 07:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Bob93 

For now there is no Klaviyo Survey, but you can integrate a survey app like for example i know that Typeform works pretty good with Klaviyo for sure.

Just a note, be ready to not get many replies, because if you take in consideration that only maybe 2-5% of people click on the emails that menas that you will only get less than that as replies. But still its good to try i guess..

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Bob93 

Just to add to @Bobi N. response.

Typeform is good choice of survey and integrates very well with Klaviyo; it will add responses to a contact’s profile as custom properties. Great zero-party data to have for flows and campaigns!

As @Bobi N. says, you may find engagement with a survey is not great for this audience as they have not followed through to purchase. You could uplift the response with an incentive (discount?). Maybe split test too to see any uplift - incentive v no incentive.

A complementary approach is to survey customers post-purchase: find out what they liked/disliked about their purchasing journey. They are more likely to respond. Again you could consider offering an incentive.

Regards

Andy