Solved

Initial source tracking pre-cookie

• 30 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Does Klaviyo only track “How they found you” data for people that have been previously cookied?

Here’s my use case and breakdown (Shopify):

• 1st-time visitor lands on my home page (or any page) from a Pinterest ad that sends UTM data to my site.
  • Visitor makes a purchase
  • Shopify picks up the UTM data and reports it properly in the Conversion Summary
  • Klaviyo reports no data at all for source, UTM, etc.

I want to be able to create a segment with profiles that were sourced through Pinterest.

How can I do this?

icon

Best answer by Omar 30 March 2024, 11:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Wear Skinnys,

can you share the use case you have?

Because you should be able to expose this data somehow in Klaviyo.

If you check metrics - placed order - activity feed tab and filter by UTM source you should be able to get a view of what you want to see but not sure what your use case is?

Also in the flows you should be able to get the UTM Source data (screenshot below).

If this is not enough, an alternative idea could be to use GTM to send an event to Klaviyo and record the source as a custom property on the profile.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +2

That’s not it. It just won’t identify Pinterest traffic if it came in before being cookied.

If you check metrics - placed order - activity feed tab and filter by UTM source you should be able to get a view of what you want to see but not sure what your use case is?

That’s the point. It’s not there. It’s not logging Pinterest traffic. Even though both Shopify AND Lucky Orange are.