Skip to main content
Solved

ManyChat sign ups with conditional split welcome flow

• 6 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello, I’ve just started using ManyChat and have set up the Klaviyo integration. For one of my ManyChat automations, I’m collecting email address which will be added to my main Klaviyo list (let’s call it Master List)

I have a variety of email sign up methods, and it all goes into my Master List.

I have one welcome flow, with conditional splits (triggered by the $source property which I have added a unique one to each sign up form/popup), so that at at the start of the welcome flow, a subscriber gets a unique welcome email depending on how/what they signed up for (the $source). After they get that first email, it all feeds back into the rest of the welcome flow which is more generic - everyone gets the same 5 emails thereafter.

I’m now trying to add a conditional split to my welcome flow for the ManyChat sign ups, but I’m not sure what trigger to use for the conditional split as the sign up is coming from ManyChat (not one of my forms). I have seem some Youtube tutorials but their steps all include creating a separate list, with a form created within it, and then creating a separate welcome flow triggered by ‘when someone joins X list’. 

I’d prefer having it (a) going into one list) and (b) going into my existing welcome flow.

Has anyone used this method for Many Chat with a conditional split welcome flow and know what trigger to use, or how to get around this? 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @meetapapersandgems since ManyChat simply syncs the email addresses to a list I’m not sure what data you would be able to use to conditionally split on. Do you get any other attributes from ManyChat that would be specific to that source and/or the DM campaign they came in through?

If you’re open to an alternative method, there’s a new Gatsby / Klaviyo integration that does something similar, it collects email addresses directly from Instagram DMs as well, can officially subscribe them to receive your marketing, and syncs over additional Instagram attributes including which keyword(s) they sent you to trigger the DM automations. This last item would allow you to segment your Instagram email subscribers to receive both your welcome series as well as separate targeted flows.

ManyChat is a great solution overall, but for this particular use-case, you might want to consider looking into the Gatsby / Klaviyo integration. For context, I’m the founder of Gatsby and am personally onboarding clients for this exact use-case you outlined. I’m more than happy to help you get something like this setup. Here’s a little more info on how it works:

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @meetapapersandgems since ManyChat simply syncs the email addresses to a list I’m not sure what data you would be able to use to conditionally split on. Do you get any other attributes from ManyChat that would be specific to that source and/or the DM campaign they came in through?

If you’re open to an alternative method, there’s a new Gatsby / Klaviyo integration that does something similar, it collects email addresses directly from Instagram DMs as well, can officially subscribe them to receive your marketing, and syncs over additional Instagram attributes including which keyword(s) they sent you to trigger the DM automations. This last item would allow you to segment your Instagram email subscribers to receive both your welcome series as well as separate targeted flows.

ManyChat is a great solution overall, but for this particular use-case, you might want to consider looking into the Gatsby / Klaviyo integration. For context, I’m the founder of Gatsby and am personally onboarding clients for this exact use-case you outlined. I’m more than happy to help you get something like this setup. Here’s a little more info on how it works:

Hey Brett, 

Thanks for this suggestion of your app, happy to look into it. I had just signed up for ManyChat and was interested in it due to the other features it provides too. Just this wall we’ve hit with the Klaviyo integration. Appreciate your reply, thank you.

Meeta