Solved

Non Klaviyo Unsubscribe page

• 6 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I want to create my own unsubscribe page using my own domain and put it in my Klaviyo emails. But I cannot see how it can be done. All I see in Klaviyo online resources is how I can create hosted pages in Klaviyo. But that is not what I want. I do not wish to create the unsubscribe page in Klaviyo. In fact, I want my own website to maintain a list of unsubscriptions and I do not want Klaviyo to know who has unsubscribed.

Can anyone provide me the step-by-step instructions on how it can be done?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 7 July 2023, 01:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @pragr!

This would constitute a custom use case that is beyond the scope of support/community, but I can certainly give you some general guidance and direction!

A use case like this would likely have to be accomplished with our APIs, which allow you to retrieve and alter information in Klaviyo programmatically. Here is our guide on how to get started:

Specifically, it would likely involve the use of the following endpoints:

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge

Thanks Brian. Actually the use case is to insert a custom unsubscribe link in Klaviyo campaign emails.

However, I have now confirmed that it is a must to have Klaviyo’s unsubscribe links in the emails sent out by Klaviyo. We cannot insert our own unsubscribe URLs in those emails. Even if we insert one, it will be ignored by Klaviyo and it will auto-append its own unsubscribe link in the email dispatched by it.

Use of APIs may help us get a copy of the subscribe and unsubscribe list from Klaviyo but it doesnt address the requirement that I mentioned above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @pragr!

In that case, I will forward this feedback as a request to our Product Team on your behalf, and I will update the thread if any changes are made to this functionality in the future.

Best,

Brian