Solved

Octane AI + Klaviyo: Creating Segments from Quiz Answers

• 30 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have been following numerous how-to’s on both Klaviyo and Octane about how to create a segment based on answers given on an Octane quiz. Klaviyo and Octane are both connected and I have entered the correct properties. For some reason, only a very small portion of emails are being added to the segment but when I download a .CSV file for profiles that fit this property, I can see there are a lot more people who match this property.

What might I not be doing correctly to make sure everyone with this property is added to my segment. I have attached screenshots.

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 3 May 2024, 10:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Wes!

I’ll check on this internally and update the thread ASAP!

- Brian

Badge

Hey @Brian Turcotte 

I have figured out the issue since I posted this question...although I can see a lot of people have answered this question on the quiz and match the properties, only a small few have entered their email. I think only people who entered their email have been added to thr segment I have set up.

I do have an additional question though....if I set up a flow to trigger for people who match these conditions, will the flow only be sent to people who have entered their email on the quiz?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @Wes 

Glad you solved your issue.

Jumping in here for @Brian Turcotte.

If a contact completes your survey and provides their email, a Klaviyo profile with their survey responses is created.

If a contact who completes your survey doesn’t submit their email, but they have been cookied by Klaviyo previously - this usually means they’ve submitted their email via a form or checkout, or clicked a link in a Klaviyo email or SMS - their survey responses will be added to their existing profile. That assumes they’ve completed the survey from a cookied device and are not browsing incognito.

If they’ve never provided their email, then campaigns and flows cannot be sent to them.

With surveys (I also use Octane AI), I include a discount offer on the optional step that requests their email. If you don’t already do this, it would increase your email subscriptions from the survey.

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge

Hi @bluesnapper,

Thanks for this! This explains it so clearly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

No problem @Wes happy to have helped.

Have a great weekend when you get to it!

Regards

Andy