Solved

Problem with customer images pop-up - scrolling not possible

• 13 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello Community,

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Reviews App. Whenever I look at an image from a customer review (pop-up opens), there are moments when I get trapped inside. I can't scroll up or down and if the close button isn't visible you are stuck. Is this a bug in the app or could something have gone wrong during installation?

I appreciate your advice and tips. Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards

icon

Best answer by marcuslui 14 October 2023, 09:00

View original

2 replies

If you're experiencing issues with a customer images pop-up where scrolling is not possible, there could be several reasons for this problem. Here are some steps you can take to diagnose and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check for Software Updates:

• Ensure that your web browser is up to date. Outdated browsers can sometimes cause issues with pop-ups and interactions on websites.
  2. Browser Extensions and Add-ons:

• Disable browser extensions or add-ons, as they can sometimes interfere with the functionality of websites. Try accessing the pop-up with all extensions disabled to see if the issue persists.
  3. Browser Compatibility:

• Test the pop-up in different web browsers to see if the problem is specific to one browser. If it works in one but not another, you may need to investigate browser-specific issues.
  4. Device and Screen Resolution:

• Some pop-ups and websites may not be fully responsive to all screen resolutions. Check whether the issue occurs on different devices and screen sizes.
  5. Zoom Settings:

• Sometimes, zooming in or out on a web page can affect how pop-ups and interactions work. Reset your browser's zoom settings to default.
  6. JavaScript and Cookies:

• Ensure that JavaScript is enabled in your browser settings, as many interactive elements on websites rely on JavaScript. Additionally, check your cookie settings, as some pop-ups may depend on cookies for functionality.
  7. Hardware Acceleration:

• Try disabling hardware acceleration in your browser settings, as it can sometimes cause display issues. Restart the browser after making this change.
  8. Network Connection:

• A slow or unstable internet connection can affect the loading and functionality of pop-ups. Ensure you have a stable and fast internet connection.
  9. Developer Tools:

• Use your browser's developer tools to inspect the pop-up and look for error messages in the console. This can provide insights into what might be causing the issue.
  10. Contact Customer Support:

• If you're encountering this issue on a specific website or with a specific service, consider reaching out to their customer support for assistance. They may be aware of the issue and have a solution.
  11. Clear Browser Cache:

• Cached data in your browser can sometimes cause unexpected behavior. Try clearing your browser's cache and then reloading the page with the pop-up.
  12. Test on Different Devices:

• If you have access to other devices, such as smartphones or tablets, try accessing the pop-up on these devices to see if the scrolling issue persists.
Badge

Hey @ marcuslui,

thank you very much for your response.

So I tested the rating image on a completely new DAWN theme without any additional codes and there is the same problem. So it has nothing to do with my codes. And I also tested on many devices. Everywhere is the same. Browser Cache, Zooms settings, etc. checked as well.

Cant find the problem. I think the best is to contact the support now.

Nevertheless thank to your suggestions.

Many greetings