Solved

Should I integrate Square and Shopify with Klaviyo?

• 17 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My business sells both products and in-person services. To book an appointment with me, I direct people to my Square account that takes care of booking, reminders, cancellation and all that jazz. 

At the moment, Klaviyo is integrated with Shopify. I wonder if I can also integrate Square, and if it’s a good idea. 

I want to give my in-person clients the option to get marketing emails, and implement flows depending on the service they got. 

But, what is the best way to do this without getting my data all mixed up? And, would it affect my Shopify integration (higher priority)? 

icon

Best answer by Omar 21 August 2023, 00:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi BeautyCopywriter94 - great question! 

Yes, you should be able to integrate your Square POS with Klaviyo. It should not create issues for your Shopify integration. 

Below are a few links to Klaviyo docs with more info: 
Square Integration Overview

Getting started with Square Online

Square Online data reference

An excerpt from the third link: Square POS order events will sync to Klaviyo if there is an email address and/or phone number associated with the order. Square events will have a property called source name that will show whether the event is from a POS or from online/web, so that you can segment these events in Klaviyo.

I hope this is helpful! If I can help further, please let me know. 

Adam Ragsdale

eCommerce + Email Marketing Strategist
R Bar Solutions

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Adding both actually will give you a much clearer picture as well about the overlap between the 2 so no harm in connecting them, just more information you can use to send better targeted emails.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge

Hey, thank you for answering to the previous questions. 
Do you know please how can I import my Klavyio data base into my Square POS?

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

You can export a list or segment of profiles (contacts) from Klaviyo and then upload those profiles directly to Square. Below are pages from Klaviyo and Square with detailed instructions for exporting and importing. 

Klaviyo Help Center: How to export a list or segment to a CSV file

Square Support: Import Customers Online 

I hope that helps! Feel free to reply with further questions and/or let us know how it goes.