Solved

Stopped receiving emails while using Subscribe Profiles API on sandbox account

• 9 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

To the Klaviyo Support Team,

I'm reaching out to report an issue I encountered while subscribing profile to a list using the Subscribe Profile API (v2023-09-15). Although I received an "Accepted" response with a status code of 202 from the API, I stopped receiving confirmation emails when trying to subscribe to a list with double opt-in enabled, even though the initial attempts were successful.

I kindly request your assistance in investigating and resolving this matter promptly.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 18 October 2023, 18:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @pbhujbalwebuy!

May I ask how you’re testing this? Are you sending multiple opt-in emails to the same email address? Also, have you checked other folder in your inbox (spam, promotions, etc.) to ensure the confirmation emails weren’t pushed there?

I think it would help myself and other Community members understand the issue better if you could explain a little more about how you’re testing.

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi @Brian Turcotte ,

Indeed, the problem arose when the Quality Assurance team was testing the newsletter subscription/unsubscription feature on their respective machines. Interestingly, another member of the QA team tested the same feature on a new machine, and it performed perfectly.

I suspect that list bombing might have been the root cause of the issue, resulting in Klaviyo blocking the IP address. As a result, the QA team encountered difficulties while testing the functionality on their machines and using multiple email addresses.

I hope that the sandbox account can be configured to exclude the list bombing scenario to facilitate testing various scenarios from QA point of view.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @pbhujbalwebuy!

I see - in the case of suspected List Bombing, it’s recommended to reach out to Support for these types of issues as they are account-specific.

Best,

Brian