Solved

The Featured Review Carousel - It should feature customer image if there is one

• 6 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hey there. I was trying out the new review integration and noticed that the featured review carousel only displays the first variant image of the product instead of the customer uploaded image. Featuring user generated content/images would be an amazing option for this widget. The potential social proof it would provide is immense.

It would be nice if we were able to adjust the widget image height, or to have standard css options to customize it. Right now the image is cut off and only displays half the product.

I used custom css on the browser to show what the difference could look like if this was implemented.

Before with standard product image and no height adjustments:

After with customer uploaded image and css height adjustments:

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 7 October 2023, 01:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Justwill!

Thanks for the feedback! I’m going to forward this to our Reviews team now, and I’ll update the thread if anything changes or if they know of a workaround for this.

Best,

Brian

I second this. I moved over to using this reviews functionality recently and it would be great if it would at least show the full image. Is there a way to adjust to this anywhere? I haven't seen any place that I can adjust code for the featured widget.

Same here I just switched from yotpo and was really bummed to see the carousel just features basic product images and not featured photos from the review

Are there any plans to enhance the Featured Reviews Widget? Instead of a slider I’d like to have all the reviews that have UGC on them shown on the page. Is this possible? The slider looks great on Mobil but on a computer it look thin…