Solved

trk.klclick3.com refused to connect.

• 13 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

All of our links are correct and work in the preview inside Klaviyo, but as soon as we send them to emails, they are broken. The error that is being thrown is “trk.klclick3.com refused to connect” “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED”. How can be fix this? 

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 14 March 2023, 22:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @OSR3E!

Based on the information provided, it seems that the issue you're experiencing with broken links in your emails is due to the click tracking domain (trk.klclick.com) being blocked. This domain is used by Klaviyo to track your email's click-through rates, and since it is a shared domain for tracking purposes, it may end up on blocklists used by ad-block softwares.

To fix this issue, you can set up a dedicated click tracking domain. This will help you avoid the blocklists and ensure that your email links work properly. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to set up a dedicated click tracking domain:

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

@Brian Turcotte Hi hopping onto this thread. I’ve finished my 60 days of support (I’m still on the free plan) and we’ve setup the CNAME based on the article cited above. I now need to validate this, but due to having no access to email support or live chat, I can only use the chatbot and it’s of no help. How can I get the CNAME validated? Thanks.