Solved

Unable to Create Custom Audience in Klaviyo After Facebook Integration

• 24 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I'm encountering an issue and could use some assistance. After integrating Klaviyo with Facebook, I'm trying to create a custom audience, but I keep getting the following error message:

"We are unable to create your Custom Audience at this time. Please refresh the page or try again later."

I've tried refreshing the page and waiting for some time before retrying, but the problem persists. Here are the steps I've already taken to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Refreshed the page and tried again later.
  2. Reauthorized the Facebook integration in Klaviyo.
  3. Cleared browser cache and cookies.
  4. Tried using a different browser.
  5. Checked my internet connection.
  6. Verified that I have the necessary permissions in both Klaviyo and Facebook.

Despite these efforts, I’m still unable to create a custom audience. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any additional suggestions on what I might be missing? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Note: This is for the first campaign I want to run on Facebook. I want Klaviyo to send automatic emails to new customers who engage with this campaign

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Lahav

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 30 May 2024, 16:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Lahav!

Seeing as you’ve already followed the basic troubleshooting steps, may I ask how long your ad account has been live?

Typically, this issue is caused by a 403 (access) error, for one of two reasons. The first being general permissions, which you’ve already addressed, and the second being life of account time.

Facebook often issues this error when new accounts create custom audiences:

"Ad accounts owned by businesses new to Facebook Products can create customer file Custom Audiences after several weeks of following our policies."

Since this is an error on the FB side, there is nothing that can be remedied within Klaviyo, aside from spending more time in Facebook.

Best,

Brian