Solved

Unbounce Leads Not Subscribed - Please Help!

• 9 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi There, 

I’m using Unbounce to send new leads to Klaviyo. 

If I use the direct Unbounce <> Klaviyo webhook integration, the leads are not “subscribed to email marketing” when they are added to Klaviyo (I don’t want to add double opt in as I have a list cleaning tool). 

However, when I send the leads via Zapier the leads are “subscribed to email marketing”. 

My current workflow is Unbounce → Zapier → Klaviyo  - but I’m wondering why Unbounce can’t send the leads as “subscribed to email marketing” via the webhook? 

Does anyone else have experience with this? 

Much appreciated! 

Hayden 

icon

Best answer by retention 11 February 2024, 05:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @Hayden 

You can check the ZAP task logs to identify if Zapier is sending any additional parameter in Payload and then add the same parameter in your Unbounce field mapping page.

Badge

Awesome thanks Max - I’ll check that out now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Just adding here that the Unbounce + Webhook explicitly states that it doesn’t “Subscribe” the user to Marketing (marketing consent), but simply adds it to the specified List. See here:

If you have Zapier, another option is to do both the Webhook that adds the user to the List and passes in the Unbounce event “Filled Out Form” (along with all the data) AND you can fire a Zapier Zap that Subscribes the user to a List.  That way you get best of both and you wont’ have any time delays chaining from Unbounce to Zapier to Klaviyo.  

Here’s an example of the data you get from the native Unbounce Webhook to Klaviyo:

You get not only the “Filled Out Form” event, but also the IP, Page Name, Page ID, Page Variant, etc.  These are helpful later when you want to do Segments or Flow Filters based on which Unbounce Page they submitted from.  Granted, you can do this in Zapier as well, but this is easier and built-in!

Badge

Thanks @retention - this is very helpful. 

It’s annoying that Unbounce webhooks don’t subscribe users to a list. It would be a easy and clean integration. 

I have already set up the Zaps, it’s just an extra step for each landing page as I create new landing pages on a weekly basis. 

Perhaps Klaviyo can allow us to subscribe users to a list using Unbounce webhooks in the future. 

Anyhow, thanks for the useful tips and advice!