Solved

Users tracking on the website

• 16 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello Klaviyo Team, 

I have some issue regarding website users tracking. We have website on webflow and we tried to integrate it via KPI. Now the integration seems not to be working. So, I have created a segments for active users on site but while testing when I am visiting the website it does not shows my details in the list. So, is there any step that I have missed. Can you please guide me?

What we want to achieve is! We want to track all the users who are visiting our website (All users - even who are bouncing back from the website). Can we do that. If yes, then how?

Looking forward

icon

Best answer by Omar 17 June 2023, 12:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Swopper!

Here is another Community thread where I discuss the requirements for onsite tracking, and some reasons why you may be experiencing this:

Among other reasons, a profile won’t be tracked unless the browser has been identified (cookied) by Klaviyo:

• Active on Site is only able to track browsers that have been cookied in one of these ways:
    • If someone has, at some point, clicked through a Klaviyo email to your website.
    • If someone has, at some point, subscribed/opted-in through a Klaviyo form.
    • If someone has, at some point, logged into your site and you have tracking installed.
  • If you clear your browser cache/cookies after being identified in one of these ways, Active on Site tracking will not recognize you.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for using the Community!
​​​​- Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Swopper,

Welcome to the community and 👍🏼on your first post.
We use Webflow as well and have successfully integrated Klaviyo using some custom coding and also GTM.

The most important part is the base code needs to be on all pages. This needs to be loaded for all events to be able to work. This sends the “active on site” event to Klaviyo (after someone is identified)
This is the base code we have in GTM:

<script
type="text/javascript"
src="//static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/klaviyo.js?company_id=YOUR-PUBLIC-API"
></script>

Now for each action people take on your site that you'd like to see in Klaviyo you'd need to create separate events that send information to Klaviyo.

For instance, In GTM we have a tag that fires all pageviews and send that to Klaviyo, this way you also have some idea of what they're looking at. The code looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
var _learnq = _learnq || [];
_learnq.push(["track", "Viewed Page", {
"Page name": {{JS - Page Title}},
"URL": {{Page URL}}
}]);
</script>

As far as I know there is no native plugin that has or adds Klaviyo tracking but the above way is very flexible and allows you to tailor it to your needs.

In order to test the functionality Klaviyo needs to be able to identify you. In order to force this behavior you can add this query parameter to your url “?utm_email=example@gmail.com” and hit enter. This way your email address is detected.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge

Thank you so much guys to respond so quick. I was kind of in middle of a project testing and needed the solution in urgent bases. I will try it soon and let you know guys! Thank again so much🙌🏻😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

You're welcome @Swopper 

Regards,

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO