Solved

When will Klaviyo will sync Tyepform quiz outcomes?

• 5 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

It’s been a year since the following threads were created:

The ultimate answers from those threads were: 

• This request is currently logged as a feature request with our product team. 

• I am unable to give you a confirmation and date of feature availability.

There were workarounds provided by other users that take a while to set-up and require lots of testing to make sure everything is firing. 

Ultimately, what I am looking for is a way for Klaviyo to recored Typeform quiz results/outcomes as custom properties in order to create conditional splits that trigger different emails in a “post-quiz flow” based on quiz results. 

Is this possible yet?

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 11 July 2023, 01:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@travwhite 

According to this article Klaviyo and Typeform are Syncing every hour.. 

The usual mistake I have been seeing is that people forget to add email field to their Typeform so then nothing is synced to klaviyo. 

So make sure your typeform is connected to klaviyo and you have email collection field in your typeform form, and then the info from the typeform should sync every hour..

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This is a perfect example of something you can build with Make. Make is a highly visual, no-code workflow automation system with pre-built connectors for over 1,400 SaaS solutions, including Klaviyo and Typeform. 

You can build simple or complex workflows including branching (if/then/else), iteration (array processing) and temporary data storage and data manipulation. 

You can see the Typeform endpoints available here, and the Klaviyo endpoints here (be sure to click “Load More” at the end of each to see the full list).

Badge

@travwhite

According to this article Klaviyo and Typeform are Syncing every hour.. 

The usual mistake I have been seeing is that people forget to add email field to their Typeform so then nothing is synced to klaviyo. 

So make sure your typeform is connected to klaviyo and you have email collection field in your typeform form, and then the info from the typeform should sync every hour..

Hey Bobi, 

Thanks for the response. I’m not having an issue syncing Klaviyo and Typeform. 

The issue is Klaviyo does not collect quiz results from Typeform, only form submissions (email) and questions answered. 

I need to be able to segment users based on their quiz outcomes (i.e. they take a product recommendation quiz, get a result, product A is recommended, then segment users based on product A outcome). 

Klaviyo does not collect that information from Typeform. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @travwhite,

Per our updated Help Center article about the Klaviyo <> Typeform integration, it’s true that there is only one event synced from Typeform: Filled Out Form. However, there is data within that event that is recorded to a profile’s properties:

When we sync a new form response, we'll look for form fields that represent email, first name, last name, organization/company, and phone number. If found, we will automatically sync these fields and set these properties on the individual's profile.

Any additional form questions will be recorded as custom properties on the individual's profile. The form question will show as the property label and the value will be the submitter's answer.

If you aren’t seeing this in the profile of someone who fills out the form, then you may have to disable and re-integrate the integration, or reach out to Support.

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi @travwhite,

Per our updated Help Center article about the Klaviyo <> Typeform integration, it’s true that there is only one event synced from Typeform: Filled Out Form. However, there is data within that event that is recorded to a profile’s properties:

When we sync a new form response, we'll look for form fields that represent email, first name, last name, organization/company, and phone number. If found, we will automatically sync these fields and set these properties on the individual's profile.

Any additional form questions will be recorded as custom properties on the individual's profile. The form question will show as the property label and the value will be the submitter's answer.

If you aren’t seeing this in the profile of someone who fills out the form, then you may have to disable and re-integrate the integration, or reach out to Support.

Best,

Brian

Thanks Brian, 

Again this isn’t the issue I am having either. Klaviyo does not record Typeform quiz RESULTS. The outcomes of the quiz. 

My question is when will this feature be built?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Rather than waiting, you can build this yourself now using Make.

If you’re not sure how to do that, or how it would work for you, I’d suggesting posting on the Make community site. There’s several Makers with Klaviyo experience who have helped others in a similar position.