Wish List flow

• 20 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all, 

I want to create a flow for users who signed up for our site’s wishlist. Could not really find much info on this being done before. This is what I had in mind

1. Email when they have signed up to let them know it was successful and we’ll keep their favorites safe
  2. Follow up a week or two later. Segment all-time purchasers vs non-purchasers without or with an offer
  3. Low stock on an item, when an item hits X in inventory, we let them know it's their last chance to get their hands on it before it sells out. 

Wondering if anyone has any feedback on this and if they would add or expand on anything from above. Would love to hear any other ideas.  

Thanks in advance! 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Levi1129!

Do you use a third-party wishlist tool for your site’s wishlist, like this user?

If not, and you are just using a signup form that adds users to a special “wishlist” list, then you could accomplish this use case fairly easily:

1. Create a Flow from scratch and use the List trigger, and select the “wishlist” list that’s linked to the form. Now, whenever someone signs up to the wishlist, they will be added to the flow.
  2. Add a flow message/email after this step, and add the welcome information to let them know they joined the list successfully
  3. Add a time delay block of 1 or 2 weeks, per your requirements. 
  4. After the time delay, you can add a conditional split to accomplish the requirement you mentioned: “Segment all-time purchasers vs non-purchasers without or with an offer
    • For the conditional split logic, you will have to select “what someone has done (or not done)” for the condition, and choose Placed Order at least once over all time:
    • If you’re not using Shopify, choose the appropriate Placed Order metric for your e-commerce site.
    • This will divide the flow at this point into people that have and have not ever placed an order.

5. At this time, there is no functionality that allows you to alert customers when a product has x amount of stock. However, you could pivot to a back-in-stock style delay, where customers will be notified when a low-stock item gets replenished. If you’re using Shopify, you can follow these instructions to add the back-in-stock functionality to your Shopify store:

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!
- Brian

Badge

Thanks @Brian Turcotte. We have it built out on our site using a Shopify form, just as you suggested. The only thing I am struggling with is in terms of implementation. This popup shows up when you click a heart on the PDP and prompts a customer to sign up for the wish list.  This same popup also has a check box for them to sign up for our newsletter.

Little context, our entire account is working out of one main list and segmenting based on the $source property. My issue is that this is a unique scenario for us; if the customer does not click the check box to receive our newsletter, they can not be added to our master list. As a workaround, if we were to use a separate list for those that do not wish to receive our newsletter, would we be able to map those people without messing up the first scenario? Not well versed in the backend coding, but simply need to make sure this is a possibility before going down that road. Open to any other suggestions as well. Perhaps there is another solution I am not thinking of. 

The rest of your advice is great and on the money, thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Levi1129!

It’s typically recommended for accounts to only have one master list, and then use segments for other mapping purposes.

Since segments are dynamic and change as the members meet/do not meet the defined conditions, it would probably be the correct option for your use case, if I understand it correctly. If you’re hoping to essentially gather a group of customers that, 1) want to join the wishlist flow, but 2) do not want to join your newsletter list, you could create a segment with these conditions defined. Then, if later the customer did decide to join the newsletter list, they would be removed from the segment for not meeting the conditions. 

I hope this helps!

- Brian