Solved

Accounting for Guest profiles in variables

• 2 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello all,

I came to the realization that I have a large number of profiles named “Guest Customer.”

Whether this is because of me not collecting names on Klaviyo or Shopify is irrelevant, and I’ve fixed the issue anyway.

I’m not going to go through hundreds of profiles one-by-one and rename them.

Is there a way to modify the customer name variable ({{ first_name|default:''|capfirst }}) to make Guest profiles show as the default term between the apostrophes?

Otherwise, when I send emails, it opens with “Hey Guest!”

Which is not ideal.

Alternatively, is there a way to change profile information in bulk?

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 2 December 2023, 10:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @xBLUMONKEY 

I don’t believe there’s a bulk way to update these profiles. The issue is that if you do an export of your Guest Customer profiles and then re-import using a csv (firstname/lasname and email fields), and the firstname/lastname are blank (as you want to overwrite these), your “Guest Customer” value won’t be overwritten; those import fields need to have a value to overwrite. 

There is a workaround though: create two blocks of text, each with their own display logic. I’ve assumed “Guest Customer” is in your firstname field.

Hey there!  with display logic: person|lookup:'first_name' = 'Guest Customer'  This block will only display to profles with “Guest Customer” in the firstname field.

Hey {{ first_name|title|default:'there' }}! with display logic: person|lookup:'first_name' != 'Guest Customer'  This block not display to profles with “Guest Customer” in the firstname field, only to other profiles. If the firstname is present, and not Guest Customer, it’ll show, for eg, Hey Andy! For profiles with no firstname present, it’ll show Hey there!

Works for me but please test yourself!

Hope that helps

Andy

Badge

This is perfect, I just tested it and it works great.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Glad to have been able to help @xBLUMONKEY (another Saturday worker 😉)

Regards

Andy