Solved

Adding timestamp to custom profile property

• 10 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor IV
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I’m creating a campaign that will contain buttons allowing subscribers to self-segment themselves. When they click the button, it will create a specific custom profile property for them. 

Is there any way to have this timestamped? Let me give an example for clarity’s sake.

Let’s say I am asking them to self-segment based on age. They can choose 20, 21 or 22. I’d like this to be timestamped so that in the future, I know if they have a profile property saying age 20 in 2024, they will be age 24 in 2028.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 17 January 2024, 19:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @B B 

Thanks for asking this great question about being able to segment by age while keeping the age updated throughout the years.

I’m currently in the process of trying to find a suitable solution for this but am waiting for one of our product experts to share their insight with me so I can provide the best answer for you. I’ll update you by the end of today in this thread!

Badge +1

Thank you @stephen.trumble

Just following up to see if you were able to get any clarity on this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @B B ,

Linking you to a resources about Date and Timestamp formatting for Profile and Event Properties: 

https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/acceptable_date_and_timestamp_formats_for_profile_and_event_properties

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thanks for the link @Pamela-MJ

I’m not a developer though, so I’m not sure if the info in that article applies to what I am trying to do.

Does anyone have any step-by-step instructions for how to have a profile property timestamped?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @B B 

Sorry for the delayed response.

@Pamela-MJ is correct though, if you want to timestamp a property you will need to work with a developer using the above article to add the timestamp so it is useable. While all properties have a timestamp of when it was added, that data is nested in the event and cant be used dynamically in your marketing. However working with a developer to had the timestamp as a top level point of data will allow you to use it dynamically in your messaging.