Solved

At what point MagentoStore porperty is assigned to the profile?

• 12 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi, Im trying to understand why some of the new profiles doesnt have MagentoStore property assigned, this traffic is comming from social media, they have view products and signed up for the newsletter from the popup form.

We have several Magento store views in differetn languaged, abd BA flow has MagentoStore filter but these profiles are not directed to the BA flow. 

icon

Best answer by Omar 15 January 2023, 11:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @BAIBA and welcome to the Community!

Just to clarify, is there any correlation between the language of the site and the property population? In other words, are the profiles that don’t have the property exclusively visiting a certain language-site? This will help myself and other Community members understand the issue more clearly. 

Additionally, when you say “new profiles”, how new are they? Depending on your integration, (Magento 1 or 2), the periodic data syncs can take up to 1 hour. If the syncs are failing altogether, you may need to setup OAuth for your Integration

Here are some other threads that discuss why Magento data syncs could fail:

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi @Brian Turcotte !

First thanks for your reply, I really need some help here :) 

1st - it’s pretty chaotic there, I can't find any correlation between property population and site store view, for one customer visiting the same store view, coming from the same source - MagentoStore property is assigned, for another one it's not, and the same scenario on different store views. 

2nd - new profiles are the ones with the first activity a couple of hours ago. We are using Magento 2. I was eliminating synchronizing since some account has all properties. 

Best regards,
Baiba

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @BAIBA,

Just to make sure I understand you.

You want to know why not all profiles in Klaviyo have a magentostore property assigned is that correct?

If that's the case, and I understand it correctly, then it might be because all integrations push data to Klaviyo and add data to an existing email address (profile) or create new profiles if non exists.

Assuming a newsletter signup is coming from a popup - which has nothing to do with magento - they won't show a mangentostore property.

Magento pushes information to Klaviyo when a customer i.e. places an order. That's when the info starts flowing in.

I'm assuming you have multiple stores but connected it to 1 klaviyo account?
If so separating the various stores might be a bit difficult and having separate Klaviyo accounts might be a better way to integrate the stores separately.

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for. If not please add some more context or examples of what's happening.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +1

Hi @Omar ,

Your answer was very useful, now I better understand the process of how/when these properties are assigned to the account - I guess it is the same with logic with the language property.

And yes sign-up form is a pop-up, but there are different (translated) versions for each Magento store view. And if I think of your suggestion of having separate integration for each store, im not sure I gave enough details previously.  We have one website and one Magento store connected to the Klaviyo account, and this store has multiple store views - translated into different languages. Do in this case you also suggest having separate integration for each?

Best regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @BAIBA,

The main issue with connecting all stores in one Klaviyo account is that if you have multiple products using same ID's and different languages and having all customers in the same account will start creating issues on how to manage this.

So having multiple store views is the way you solve this in Magento to split it up and keep things neatly separated. In my opinion doing the same in Klaviyo is the best way to prevent overlap, wrong store views getting used, wrong products etc.

Under integration you can select which stores you'd like to sync with a specific klaviyo account and in Klaviyo you can then easily switch between stores. 

Let me know if this is clear or if you need any help.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO