Solved

Auto Send Location Data To Klaviyo

• 29 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

We have 4 brick and mortar locations.  Is there any way to automatically add people to each list that corresponds to each location?  

We are using shopify.  I have tried Flow to tag customers automatically and Klaviyo pick up the data, that didn’t work all the time.  

Apart from that all I have been doing is downloading each list every now and then and uploading them to Klaviyo.  But, downloading the data from Shopify is a very slow process.  

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Akers Digital 29 September 2023, 21:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @JHEAP

I hope I understand your request correctly.

Have you tried creating a custom properties on klaviyo and have it fill in depending on the store?

Try creating one labeled: Store.

Add custom properties in the profile section

Then create segments for the respective custom properties, after which it creates a flow that has someone's entry into the respective segment as a trigger.

Create a flow from scratch and select this trigger from the left panel.

I hope I have given you a hand

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Whoops hi @JHEAP!

Gabriele had a great suggestion above, but another option would be to use the region or city or zip code properties to create segments of people located around the areas you have stores. It would be properties about someone / located near / city (or region or state or zip code,etc). 

Hope this helps!

Katherine

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Great question!

Are you using Shopify POS as well? Any chance you’re on Shopify Plus? If you are gathering email options at the Point Of Sale, it can be a challenge to segment those customers based on which POS location they came from. Shopify just makes a customer profile without any real source information. 

However, you can use predictive location segments and create a radius around each store. We work with a couple of bike/ski shops and use this tactic. Each shop will use the location segments, but then we also send out more general, non-location specific newseltters as well.

Another great tactic is to make a popup targeting people who are already on your newsletter list. This popup can ask for their zip code/location. Sometimes we ask other questions like activity interest (road bike vs mountain bike). 

By using a couple of different sources, hopefully you can build out those location segments a little more!

Badge +3

Hi @JHEAP

I hope I understand your request correctly.

Have you tried creating a custom properties on klaviyo and have it fill in depending on the store?

Try creating one labeled: Store.

Add custom properties in the profile section

Then create segments for the respective custom properties, after which it creates a flow that has someone's entry into the respective segment as a trigger.

Create a flow from scratch and select this trigger from the left panel.

I hope I have given you a hand

Thanks Gabriele.  But what would I do in order to figure out their purchase location?  Apart from downloading and uploading email addresses from Shopify which is super time consuming as there are many pages!  I’d love to get it done automatically.