Solved

Back in Stock Flow not sending to suppressed profiles

• 20 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I think there is a logic error in the back in stock flow. Every now and then we see that a suppressed user signs up for the queue, but then does not receive an email because he is suppressed. In my understanding, the flow should be sent regardless of the status of the user (active or suppressed), as this is a separate signup and no newsletters are sent on it.

I had already contacted the support with this problem, but unfortunately no solution could be found. Do you have similar problems? Have you found solutions how to work around the problem?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 21 August 2021, 00:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

HI @Erik ,

Thanks for posting to the Community and glad to hear you’ve started a back in stock flow!

Apologies to hear that you have yet to find a solution for the problem. 

An interesting case I found was that (assuming you are using Shopify) if you are using a Back In Stock API to manage lists and profiles/suppressions, there is an issue with the coding and users need to add the “subscribe_for_newsletter: true” for the submission being made in their html scripts. When people have List ID being sent, they also requires another line to be submitted with it so that this issue does not occur.

Please keep the Community updated with your findings and solutions if possible!

Alex

Badge

@alex.hong , when you say “subscribe_for_newsletter: true”, is that what needs to be in place of the “subscribe_checked: true” code? Or in addition to?

For our Back in Stock flow, we used the API key for our List ID from our Master List, which should also be unsuppressing an email once they sign up for the Back in Stock as far as I understand it. But it has not, and at least one profile has been skipped for their alert email because they were were suppressed, even though they signed up to join the list.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @caitlinlmh,

So in this case the subscribe_for_newsletter line was something that some customers did not include when they were also sending their List ID. This allows for the profile to update when customers sign up for a back in stock alert. It will now removes their "suppressed" status and allows them to receive back in stock notifications even if they've previously unsubscribed to all emails.

I believe subscribe_checked: true is used in place for when customers subscribe in addition to BIS. It would be a separate thing added so that you can take off the suppression. I would double check with your developer to see that the  “subscribe_checked: true” is also included in your API calls and report back.

Best,

Alex