Solved

Best practice - Suppressing international sign ups?

• 5 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hey Community! I’m working to update my email database - mainly suppressing unengaged accounts and adding in new segments and flows.

We’re an Australian based company who only ships within Australia and I’ve noticed a few sign ups from America and other countries.

As I’m new to this, I’m opening it up to the brains trust - would it be best practice to suppress these people straight away, as their ability to convert is non-existent? Or better to leave them in case they are an engaged group (just not converting)?

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 6 April 2022, 16:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Ally Tint

Welcome to the Community! 

What an interesting situation, thanks for sharing your question with us! For your present, non-Australian subscribers, I would consider creating a segment of these users and sending a campaign explaining that you appreciate their decision to follow along with your brand, however, you do want them to be aware that you unfortunately cannot ship outside of Australia and give them the option to opt-out if they wish. I think this might be a better customer experience than automatically suppressing them. However, I would be wary to suppress them soon after if they do not do it themselves as if there is no potential conversion incentive, I could see these subscribers eventually not opening your emails and causing your deliverability/open rate to drop. I’d recommend checking out our documentation on Email Deliverability as well to learn more about how important this is to your brand!

Additionally, to prevent this from happening in the future, I would suggest adding that you only ship within Australia to your website/checkout page to prevent future users from misunderstanding. This might eliminate potential subscribers who wouldn’t want to follow your brand after knowing this information. 

Finally, as you’re new to Klaviyo, I’d suggest checking out our Academy courses to build a strong foundation and get on your feet! 

Thank for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor